HSRC PhD Research Trainee Job Vacancies Recruitment 2022 Current Jobs at Human Sciences Research Council. HSRC Vacancies 2022 in Durban for post of PhD Research Trainee. Top HSRC Jobs in Durban 2022. Government Vacancies 2022 at www.hsrc.ac.za Lest check current South African Government Jobs at sarkrijobrasta.in.
HSRC PhD Research Trainee Job Vacancies Recruitment 2022 Closing Date of Recruitment 11 November 2022
HSRC is hiring for PhD Research Trainee Jobs in Durban location at present. Job seekers who have desired qualifications can take one step as soon as applying. Human Sciences Research Council is a lovely company where you can work. Currently, HSRC Vacancies 2022 is available for South African job seekers.
The HSRC recruitment details for Current Vacancies are provided in the below section. Candidates should download first the official notification pdf file and read all the HSRC Jobs Vacancies details given in the pdf file and then apply for current vacancies in Durban.
||HSRC PhD Research Trainee Recruitment 2022
||PhD Research Trainee
||ZAR 546735.00 Per Year
|Location of Job
||Jobs in Durban
||South Africa Government Jobs 2022
|Last Date to Apply
|| 11 November 2022
HSRC Recruitment 2022 PhD Research Trainee Post Job Description
People who are interesting to apply for this HSRC Vacancies should be read below full job description before using:-
- Applicants for the PhD internship must have graduated with a quantitative Master’s degree in economics (excluding agricultural economics) data science, development studies or urban studies and be eligible to register for a PhD within 6 months of taking up the position;
- Demonstrate research/report writing skills;
- Demonstrate strong statistical/quantitative research expertise and associated software experience.
- The ability and enthusiasm to engage as a team player in large scale research projects.
- Competence in basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- A sound academic record;
- Intellectual and personal integrity, a well-developed work ethic, and drive;
- Self-discipline and the ability to manage both the demands of the job and ensure that university studies are timeously completed;
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
|Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate, as part of a team, in research activities and projects within the theme of city-region economies;
- Conduct quantitative data analysis including the use of appropriate methodologies and software;
- Contribute to (and if desired lead) the preparation of peer reviewed academic journal articles, research reports, presentations, manuscripts and proposals;
- Assist with data curation;
- Manage, oversee and participate in fieldwork activities;
- Prepare and submit research proposals for ethical review;
- Conduct and organise literature reviews and other secondary data searches;
- Participate in structured research trainee mentoring and capacity development activities;
- Make demonstrable progress towards the achievement of a PhD degree.
- Assist with administrative matters and project management in the research environment.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are able to demonstrate proof of registration for a PhD
- Research work experience would be an added advantage
The HSRC offers a fixed salary at this level that allows time for completion of studies.
Applications should include:
- A cover letter of motivation indicating your suitability and goals for the position.
- A detailed CV which should clearly indicate your highest qualification; an indication of your quantitative and qualitative research experience; your fieldwork experience (not related to your degree) and include details of your citizenship.
- The details of three recent referees with telephone/cell number, e-mail, and institutional affiliation.
- Proof of Registration for PhD Studies.
- One chapter of your completed Masters thesis.
- An outline of your envisaged PhD Proposal [word limit: 2500], which must include the following:
- Problem statement
- Potential contribution of the research to the broader field of study
The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements.
Please note that applicants may be required to complete a written test pertaining to this position.
Please register and submit your application on-line at https://hsrc.erecruit.co/
- Candidates can make use of their mobile devices or any browser to register on the Neptune recruitment site, as well as to make application for available vacancies;
- Candidates will be prompted to upload their documents;
- Attachments must be less than 1MB, there is an on-screen option to resize;
- The Neptune system will only allow you to upload 1 attachment. Please ensure that all documents are merged into 1 file before uploading.